10.27.2005

Thanks Doug...but!

I appreciate Doug's comments regarding design and life patters. However, I want to take exception with one thing he said. He said I wouldn't care what somebody else's opinion of my house is. This isn't entirely true. I do want to here critical thought about what other people think. I recognize that this our house is designed for us. I also realize that the style of the house may not be to everyone's liking (more about style in a different post). I also am aware of mistakes and defects in the house...some design problems, some related to the challenges we faced during the construction of it. And, there are things that are related to the budget...I'd like to have done this or that but knew I didn't have money for this or that.

I do care about thoughtful critique, which is different than criticism in the typical use of the word. I want to know what could have been better so next time (probably not on my house), it will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home